Status: Regular Part-time; Hours per week: 30
Minimum Salary: 52.4100 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 67.1900
Post Date: Jun 2, 2022, 1:00:00 AM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External: Jun 9, 2022, 12:59:00 AM
McMaster Children's Hospital’s (MCH) Child and Youth Mental Health Program (CYMHP) is one of Canada’s largest pediatric mental health service providers. Mandated to provide care for both local and regional patients CYMHP offers a wide range of services for children, youth, and families experiencing complex mental health concerns. Our program includes emergency mental health services, a 22-bed inpatient unit, a day treatment program, and ambulatory services. The program is divided across 2 sites with locations at McMaster University Medical Centre (MUMC) and the Ron Joyce Children’s Health Centre (RJCHC). Affiliated with McMaster University’s Faculty of Health Sciences, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences, and the Offord Centre for Child Studies, CYMHP provides evidence-informed, integrated and coordinated family and patient centered care. Our program is committed to creating and maintaining strong community partnerships, ensuring the alignment of services during transitions in care. The strength of the program lies in the dedication of its people who are committed to improving the mental wellness of our communities. Position Summary
Our teams are innovative, creative, energetic and passionate. Relationships are founded on principles of trust, respect and compassion. Our people are motivated towards excellence and are committed to the patients and families we serve.
The Psychologist functions as a valuable member of the interdisciplinary team and provides care to children and youth with complex mental health issues and their families. In particular, the Psychologist combines education and related clinical experience to offer psychological assessments (e.g., psychometric, diagnostic), clinical formulation, brief individual, group, and family intervention, treatment recommendations, and consultation to staff on psychology-related issues. The Psychologist is a leader in program development, quality assurance, and research initiatives.
Schedule Work Hours: Monday to Friday; days (some flexibility for some evening work)
1. Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology
2. Registered or eligible for registration with the College of Psychologists of Ontario with authorization to work with children, adolescents and (ideally) families
3. Expertise in a range of evidence-based therapeutic modalities (particularly Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Emotion Focused Family Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) and the assessment of children, youth and their families as demonstrated by a minimum of three years of recent, relevant experience in a mental health setting serving an inpatient or outpatient mental health pediatric population
4. Demonstrated strength in consultation, teaching, interprofessional collaboration, and supervision of advanced learners
5. Demonstrated competency and experience in the administration and interpretation of psychological tests, particularly those tests relevant to the assessment of cognitive, academic, personality and socio-emotional functioning
6 Excellent written and verbal communication alongside strong interpersonal skills
7. Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning
8. Eligible for part-time appointment with the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences at McMaster University
9. Evidence of self-motivation, enthusiasm, and flexibility
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Employee Health Services.
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Operations at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements: