The Canadian Council of Professional Psychology Programs (CCPPP) represents the various university-based psychology programs and psychology internship settings in Canada that train professional psychologists such as clinical psychologists, counselling psychologists, and clinical neuropsychologists, as well as other branches of professional psychology.
Click here to learn more about CCPPP.
Purpose & Goals
To foster communication among its members related to professional psychology training.
To promote high standards of training through the development and implementation of policies that are conducive to such standards.
To represent matters of interest to other interested and affected groups and organizations, and to coordinate the implementation of services of the Council in both official languages.
To advocate issues of concern to members of the Council.
To establish and maintain bylaws and dues as necessary for the achievement of the Councils' goals.
Becoming a Member of CCPPP
Applications are welcome for membership in the Canadian Council of Professional Psychology Programs (CCPPP). Click here to learn more about the goals, benefits and eligibilty of membership.
Application Process and Interview
MATCH MADE ON EARTH 2nd EDITION
We are very excited to release the e-publication of Match Made on Earth, 2nd Edition https://www.dropbox.com/sh/51n8x5oita7detp/AABXjqut18ol-VtqoXTh91Hva?dl=0
It has been made available for all psychology trainees at no cost, thanks to the generous support of the CCPPP and the Match team.
Moving to an e-publication should have a number of advantages, such as:
It adjusts to different e-formats (laptop, reader, ipad, phone, etc) so you can personally adjust your view.
It has enhanced notetaking (underlining, highlighting, bookmarking)
It has enhanced navigation (live links from Table of Contents, detailed "Find"
New Reference Form
There is a new standardized reference form that APPIC requires for references. It is a modified version of the CCPPP reference form. The form can be obtained in the reference portal section at the APPIC website http://www.appic.org/AAPI-APPA#REF
APPIC's public statement about membership and Accreditation
New Interview Notification Process
At our last AGM, we agreed to experiment with a two-step process to internship interview notifications. First, as we have done for the past several years, we will have a Universal Notification Date for interviews on the first Friday in December. This year, notification day will be on December 1, 2017. In addition, we will experiment with a Universal Response Day on the following business day, Monday December 4, 2017.
Please share this information with students in your program!
Universal Notification Day
- Internship sites inform applicants of their status.
- If an applicant is offered an interview, the internship site provides information about their interview plan (e.g., "we are holding interviews on Day X and Day Y" or “we are holding interviews during the week of January A to E,” or whatever the case may be)
- Applicants are not expected to make any commitments on this day; they only need to gather information. Over the weekend, knowing the full picture of their interview possibilities, applicants will have the opportunity to investigate airfares, etc. so that they can try to construct an interview plan that is most reasonable for their situation given the parameters set by internship sites.
Universal Response Day
- After 11:00 am in the eastern time zone on Monday, applicants are welcome to start contacting internship sites to respond to interview offers. Please do not schedule interviews before this time.
- There is no requirement or expectation that all schedules will be sorted out in one day – this is just the day on which these arrangements begin; scheduling can continue on subsequent days and weeks as needed.
After the 2017-18 internship cycle is over, CCPPP will seek feedback from both doctoral programs and internship sites and revise (or abandon) the plan as necessary based on that feedback.
At the AGM, we also agreed to the following proposed interview dates by region for the next 2 years:
2018 Interview Dates
West (Thunder Bay and Western Provinces) January 2 - 12
Central (Ontario, except Thunder Bay) January 9 - 20
East/Atlantic January 15 – 26
2019 Interview Dates
East/Atlantic January 2 – 16
Central (Ontario, except Thunder Bay) January9 – 23
West (Thunder Bay and Western Provinces) January 16 – 30
Post-Match Vacancy Service will remain available through October 31, 2017
Please also note that we agreed at our last AGM that the universal notification date for interviews will be the FIRST FRIDAY in DECEMBER. That means that this year it will be on December 2nd, 2016 and for December 2017 it will be December 1.
Postmatch Service Instructions
If you would like to post your unfilled positions contact Brent.HaymanAbello@lhsc.on.ca
Updates will be posted on our CCPPP student Facebook page
Program postings - please send the following information
- Name of Program.
- City and Province of Program.
- Name of Training Director and contact information (phone and e-mail).
- APA or CPA accreditation status.
- URL to your web page that contains information about your program.
- E-mail address that applicants should use to submit applications.
- Text of your announcement. The text of your announcement should be relatively brief (maximum of 250 words). Please do not use this service to post a lengthy description of your site or program or provide information that is already available on your web site. Programs that do not have web sites can direct applicants to contact the Training Director in order to learn more about the program.
- Applicants were instructed by APPIC to submit a cover letter and applications. If you would like additional information such as reference letters, please list the submission package you would like to receive