In past, CPA and CCPPP have partnered to host an annual internship fair at the CPA convention. Internship programs were invited to set up a table and send a representative to showcase their program to interested prospective applicants. This year, we are going virtual! The internship fair will be hosted within the virtual CPA convention platform.
To assist CPA in coordinating this event, the CCPPP has set up this registration to collect presenter information.
Please register here if you would like to have a "table" (i.e., Zoom breakout room) assigned to your program at this event.
We will pass along the final list of presenters to CPA, who will run the event at the appointed time.
If you have any questions, please contact Susan Vandermorris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
p.s., For those who love details, the working logistical plan for the event is as follows:
Prior to event:
1. All presenters and attendees must register for the CPA convention at convention.cpa.ca.
2. Organizers will create a single Zoom link/meeting to the Internship Fair for July 24 12-1:30pm.
3. Organizers will create breakout rooms in advance and name those breakout rooms by internship program name.
On day of event:
1. Presenters will join main Zoom meeting at 11:45 for assignment to their designated breakout room. Presenters will stay in that breakout room for the duration of the Internship Fair.
2. The main Zoom meeting will open to CPA conference attendees at 12pm. Organizers will invite attendees to enter into the chat window which breakout room they’d like to enter. The organizer will manually place attendees into their desired rooms.
3. When the attendee is done in a given breakout room, they can return themselves to the main room, and identify the next room they’d like to go into. The organizer will manually put them into their desired room. This can be repeated as needed.